Our Complete Aminos(tm) is a synergistic blend of over 20 free form amino acids that provides the body with as much protein as what is contained in egg white protein. The difference is, when you consume a protein, such as egg white protein, the body must digest the protein all the way down to single amino acids to be able to use the amino acids to rebuild tissue. In this formula, the work is done for you! There are approximately 28 known amino acids that when combined together make up hundreds of proteins that are present in all living things. In order for all the vitamins and minerals we intake on a daily basis to work properly, amino acids are an imperative part of our lives. Our liver produces 80% of our amino acids - the non-essential amino acids, which can be manufactured by the body from other amino acids obtained from dietary sources. The other 20% are produced by a healthy diet and these are called essential amino acids, which cannot be manufactured, by the body and need to be obtained from our diets. The importance of proper amino acid levels is to insure that our bodies have enough protein for every day function. They enable all the vitamins and minerals to perform their jobs properly. As protein molecules often contain hundreds of amino acids connected and cross-linked into complex structures, the task of complete digestion is enormous. It requires many stages of breakdown from the stomach to intestines to "chop" the proteins into smaller and smaller sections until the reduction to free form amino acids is reached. The first potential challenge that the body is faced with is the inadequate digestion of protein to free form amino acids. Although the diet may supply an apparently adequate amount of protein, incomplete digestion may reduce greatly the quantity of free form amino acids that are generated for tissue renewal purposes.